MyFitnessPal Ticker

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The truth is...

I'm struggling. I'm struggling in almost every aspect of my life. Professionally. Personally. Emotionally. Physically.

These past two weeks have been trying, especially at work. I'm not going to go into details, but a lot of shit has hit the fan and I've been involved in the "what happened" conversations with my boss. I don't mind be a sounding board for people, but the frustration level got to me and I broke down. Things are gradually coming around, but I know now more than ever that I'm ready to leave the teaching field to become an administrator.

I have allowed this to affect me outside of school. I cry. I sleep...a lot. I eat...a lot. And it's the crappy stuff. It's the french fries and pizza. It's the diet sodas and beer. It's chocolate. I. Can't. Stop. I so furious with myself. I'm embarrassed.

I have to figure out how to overcome this.

2 comments:

  1. Everybody struggles. It's ok!! But it's not ok to let it continue. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and move forward. You are holding yourself back, and you are the only one who has control to change your situation. You can't control what happens at work, but you CAN control how you react to it. You can do this, Nicole. Today is a new day and a new opportunity to make healthy choices. You can do this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs to you during your difficult time. I know it doesn't help, but I'm struggling right now too. Too many negative things and not enough positive, and I'm in a very dark place. But, if there's one thing I know, it's that I've been in dark places before, and I *always* get back into the light at some point. And you will too. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete