MyFitnessPal Ticker

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Things I love...

Back in college, I hated this day. In fact, a few of my friends and I tagged it as "V" Day (think "D" day) because we were single and miserable on this day.

Now that I'm married and have been for five years, I still don't get overly excited about today. Why for one day out of the year must you proclaim your love?!?! It should be EVERY day!

I digress...

Since I've been a crappy poster of late (more on that later), I thought I'd try to be a little light-hearted and make a list of things I just plain love...

-My husband, of course. He pushes me to always be healthier and more active. He loves me unconditionally and I wouldn't be who I am today if it wasn't for him.

-My parents. I can't say enough about the support they've given me through my life. They've helped me through some very hard times and helped me celebrate during the great times. I'm biased, but they are the best parents ever.

-My brother and sister. While we had our riffs growing up (who doesn't?!), I admit they're pretty cool. They've blessed me with nephews (and a step-niece) and as adults, I appreciate our relationships.

-My nieces and nephews. I love them all....Derek, Andrew, Jordan, Whitney, Anabella, and Zander. Since having kids of our own isn't going to happen in the near future, I get my baby/infant/toddler/child fixes on a regular basis!!!

-My cat. Herky's my kid right now and he loves his mommy. My husband says our cat loves me more than him and that shows every night when Herky cuddles up with me on the couch and leaves my hubby out in the cold!!!!

-Music. It motivates me. It moves me. It makes me smile. It brings back memories. It rocks (pun intended).

-Pizza. Sorry. No way around it. I could eat this stuff every single day for the rest of my life.



I'm sure there are others...but this is what comes to mind now.

Take some time and show some love today....maybe even to a stranger. Random acts of kindness do amazing things.

3 comments:

  1. Hi There,

    Just wanted to stop and say hello and to cheer you on with your goals. I know it's been a struggle lately (definitely for me, too) but we'll get there!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good List. I guess some people need reminding to appreciate the love in their lives :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect! Love the list! Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete