MyFitnessPal Ticker

Monday, March 21, 2011

30 minutes and 400 calories later...

I survived hopping back on the treadmill. For some reason, tae bo is not doing it for me right now. With warmer weather trying to stay, I'm kind of getting the craving to get back into jogging. I call it jogging because this overweight woman doesn't run. At least not yet!

So, I jogged about a total of a half of a mile and walked one and a half. 30 minutes. 2 miles. Almost 400 calories. Dog tired. I remember this process I did two years ago with husband boot camp. It took me over a month to run two miles non stop in 22 minutes...I remember because I timed it. I'd like to be able to go a mile non-stop by the time I get back outside in another month. I have a love/hate...okay mostly hate...relationship with the treadmill. I have the TV on while I run but it's just tough mentally. Hubby and I were going to do it outside, but it started raining and soon after, storming when we wanted to go so that shot down that idea.

I've been the queen of maintaining my weight since the new year. Not that it's a good one, but at least I can say I haven't gained 5 pounds. For the next couple of weeks, I'm really going to focus back on making exercise a part of my daily routine. I started out the new year really well in that department and then literally crashed and burned. I'm starting with 30 minutes and hope to build from there. I have been very conscious of what I eat, but that doesn't mean I haven't consumed things I don't need. I'm trying to include more vegetables.

An update from my gastroenterologist appointment...he wants me to increase my fiber intake, try a low GI diet and take probiotics. He's going to see me again in June and go from there. He's officially labeled me with IBS. I've said this before, but I'll say it again. I think my working out will also help my problem, at least the constipation part. So, today I tried greek yogurt. I tried the Chobani strawberry kind and added in Bran Buds for fiber. I can't do yogurt. I don't know if it's the texture, consistency, taste or all of the above, but I ate six spoonfuls and gave up on the yogurt. I ate the rest of the Bran Buds dry. It's funny because it looks like rabbit pellets!!!!

Any yogurt suggestions? I know the live cultures or whatever it is in yogurt would be good for me, but I just can't swallow the stuff!!!

1 comment:

  1. You'll be a runner in no time!! Keep up the good work, and lets move that scale!!! :) you and me both!!

    ReplyDelete