MyFitnessPal Ticker

Monday, March 28, 2011

Hi. Remember me?

I'm still here! I haven't faded away into the darkness nor have I given up. I've been so busy with school and filling out job applications that blogging has taken a back seat. One elementary principal application I'm filling out has 21 sections.....21!!!!! I've been working on it for four days and I'm still not done! Yikes! I guess it's a way to weed out the weak!

I made it to Zumba on Saturday after a month hiatus. I was out of town the last three Saturdays so I was happy to get back. It was a good 750 calorie burn and I can still feel it in my hips. It's all about the hips in Zumba! After Zumba, I asked the instructor if she was teaching kickboxing anywhere (I've taken a kickboxing class from her about three years ago and she's phenomenal). She told me yes and told me where. She said she's doing a three week bridal bootcamp starting next week for brides-to-be and people in weddings. I told her I'm going to be matron of honor in my best friend's wedding in September and she said that would work. Then, she said they're doing a 10-week program after that that focuses on kickboxing, resistance bands, weights, step aerobics, medicine balls, yoga, etc. She told me to check into that.

So, today after work, I'm going to stop by and check it out. Cost is a big thing because I would pay for this out of our cash stash (for emergencies). We have quite a bit in there, but cost will be a factor. I would like a good jump start into summer and i think this could be a great thing....3 weeks plus another 10 weeks....that's 3 months of good consistent fitness and nutrition (they coach you through that, too).

We'll see what they say! Hope everyone's doing well!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that class sounds like it would be a great way to get activity!!! Can't wait to hear more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The class does sound awesome! Let us know how you go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! 21 pages! That is a crazy application! I love Zumba, it makes me happy and I always feel so good! And Bridal Boot Camps are totally worth it! Such great workouts!

    ReplyDelete