MyFitnessPal Ticker

Monday, November 1, 2010

Thyroid??

So, I went to my yearly physical today (yes, that dreaded womanly visit) to get my annual done but to also ask about my issues with my health lately. My doctor has a suspicion that my thyroid may not be working up to speed. To backtrack, I am on meds for an underactive thyroid. I have been for about 5 years. I get it tested every year and every year it turns up normal. My doc said that if my thyroid is not functioning appropriately, it can slow my systems down (hence, my intestinal issues). So, I got my blood drawn and will know the results in a couple of days.

Now, before you get all excited for me, she said that may not be the answer. If it's not, then I get to shop in the aisle at the store where everyone over the age of 80 shops....the fiber supplement aisle. She said to make sure I'm getting 25-30 grams of fiber in my diet and then add some additional fiber supplements along with a ton of water (which I already drink due to my kidney stone history).

Awesome. So, granny, what do you recommend....metamucil or benelax? UUGHHHH!!!

I'm hoping to squeeze in some working out tonight, but we'll see how it goes. My back still has a catch in it (get to go to the chiro on Wednesday...FINALLY), so I gotta be careful with what I do. I've got two sets of tests to correct yet, too tonight, so I don't know.

I was talking to my mom on the phone and asked her, "When will I just be normal?" Her response? "Good question!"

1 comment:

  1. Fiber One granola bars are DELISH! My husband also takes the Fiber Choice Chewable Supplements. It's easier to get down than a glass of Metamucil, that's for sure!

    Good luck - I hope you figure out what's going on soon!

    ReplyDelete