MyFitnessPal Ticker

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

It started with a fortune cookie...

So last Friday, after work, I went out with a few co-workers to have a few drinks because it had been a long day and I deserved that. So, I had my two beers, some chips and queso, and far too many Irish nachos (french fries with cheese, bacon, onion, and peppers on top...and don't forget the ranch to dip them in.). I told myself no dinner because I had consumed enough calories. We had to go to the grocery store, so I told hubby he could just get Chinese from there. So what do I do? Order my sesame chicken, steamed rice and crab rangoons. I'm only going to much a little because for some insane reason, I felt I was supposed to be hungry.

After eating half of my Chinese, I had to finish off with a fortune cookie. As I broke apart that fried piece of crunchy sweetness, I read my slip. "You are capable of doing anything you set your mind to."

I laughed. Really? No shit. I should write a book about that.

But then I thought about it.

Yeah, I can do anything I set my mind to. And so it started.

I eat what I take and don't get seconds.

I haven't eaten chocolate in two days...not that I'm trying to avoid it.

We haven't eaten out since the Chinese night.

I even exercised on my own once this weekend for a 500 calorie burn.

It's like compromising with a two-year old...I may want it, but do I need it?

We'll see where this goes. I'm kind of excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment