MyFitnessPal Ticker

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Evaluating...

I need to plan. Not a plan. TO plan.

So many times during the week, I don't plan my meals or my workouts and what happens? Order pizza. Go to Wendy's. Easy quesadillas in the quesadilla maker (along with lots of cheese). No workout planned....well, I'll do "part" of this, etc., etc., etc.

Two years ago, I did this amazing program called Farrell's Extreme Bodyshaping. It was the most intense, hardcore 10 weeks I've ever had. The workouts were planned and our "coaches" made us preplan our weeks' meals. The nutrition plan mimicked the Body for Life program, so you knew that 5-6 times a day, you needed a protein, carb, and veggie (veggie 4-5x I guess).

I was on. NOTHING swerved me from my plan because it was all laid out. I didn't have to think.

And that's my problem now. I allow too much time to think and then make bad choices rather than having everything laid out and just get it done.

So, how am I going to fix my problem? I'm going to plan. I'm going to print out calendars for each month, but only plan a month at a time. I'm also going to go back to the Body for Life program. Other than the protein, carb, and veggie, it allows you one free day a week. This is a day where you don't have to track your eating and can essentially eat what you want. This really worked for me before because I worked hard all week to earn that day, usually on a Friday or Saturday.

Stay tuned for pictures and my plan.

Because I have a plan.

2 comments:

  1. I am with you! Staying on plan is easy. Taking the time to prepare a plan is another story. I have spent much of last weekend and this week working on a two week menu and exercise plan. It has been really time consuming, but I hope it works! I will have to Google the Body for Life Program. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite quotes is "fail to plan? Plan to fail!" meaning - if you don't come up with a plan, you are basically setting yourself up for failure. I agree - we plan our workouts, our training schedule, and our meals for the week. I'll be excited to see your plan and watch your success.

    ReplyDelete