MyFitnessPal Ticker

Saturday, May 1, 2010

30 DS Day #1

Well, workout 1, Level 1 is done! It was hard. Three minutes strength, two minutes cardio, and one minute of abs seems simple, right? Heck no!!! I was sweating bullets by the time we got through the first six-minute circuit! Jillian Michaels knows her stuff though. My arms could feel it from the weights, my butt from the butt kicks, and I'm not even going to start on my abs!

This just goes to show I need work! I'm giving Jillian these 30 days to prove her stuff. Now, I'm also starting to journal my food (not calories right now, but just what I eat), and add additional workouts to the 30 Day Shred. Today, I did 15 minutes on the elliptical, so all together, I got about 45 minutes in.

On May 30th, I will reveal my measurements from today and the end, as well as weight and body fat. She claims up to 20 pounds in 30 days. That's what I'm going to shoot for. I weigh 238.4 as of this morning, so that would put me at 218. My goal is to be 220 on May 30th. It's not impossible, but it's going to be a challenge. I have the month of May off from grad school, so I have no excuses not to work out daily.

I have challenges my first week already. It's Teacher Appreciation Week at school and our PTA provides lunch for us every day. Now, I'm going to practice moderation and partake in it. But instead of loading my plate up and going back for seconds, it's just going to be a little of things. I want this to be a lifestyle change, not a diet. If there's dessert, I'm going to have a small section, not the entire piece. I really want this to work and it's going to take a lot of effort on my part, but I want to prove that you can eat things in moderation and still lose weight.

Off to clean up and then try my luck at the slots tonight!!! I'd love to save up more money for some smaller clothes in a month!!

1 comment:

  1. I did the 30DS a couple years ago. Yeah...I did Day 1 and never did it again. I was too scared of repeating that pain lol. Good luck, you can do it!

    ReplyDelete