MyFitnessPal Ticker

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Update and back to normal

Well, I didn't get the job. I came in 3 out of 4. The two who "beat" me had financial experience in schools and are actually being recalled for an additional interview. I feel good about how it went and was proud of how I presented myself. I'm actually glad I didn't have the stress of being offered the job and then contemplate the 'yes' or 'no' answer.

So, time to move on.

This weekend was a big weekend in our house. After five years, my husband graduated with his BA in Physical Education. It's been a long road with a lot of stress, but now his classes are done. Next problem, no prospective jobs at this time. Jobs in education are tough right now with schools cutting budgets left and right, but it's even a bigger problem in PE because that's a specialized position that once people get in, they don't leave until they retire. Worse comes to worse, he can substitute which in a bigger urban area like ours, that won't be difficult, but the consistency can be an issue.

But anyway, back to me.

This week has been a stressful one. As a result, I haven't gorged in my eating, but I also haven't recorded what I've eaten. I've been snacking more on unhealthier options (crackers and cheese versus fruits and vegetables). My weight also hasn't gone down for the second week in a row. Part of that is the transfer from fat to muscle, but also some of it's from water retention to some unhealthier options.

So, it's time to hit the restart button and go back to reasoning why I started this 10-week program. I'm now entering week 4. I feel stronger, but I think I could feel better if I followed through with the nutrition part 100%. I will have a 5 week testing in two weeks and I want to see progress. So, I have a lot of work to make up for this week. Here I go.

1 comment:

  1. Too bad about the job. Education jobs in TX aren't much better...they are making cuts left and right. And...I haven't been able to find a teaching job in like 2 years (plus, I have an alternative certification...so I'd be one of the first cut anyway). STRESS. Good luck to y'all though. Maybe he will find something soon!!!

    ReplyDelete