MyFitnessPal Ticker

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Gotta love three-day weekends!

Don't you just love waking up on a Tuesday knowing you only have to make it through four days until the weekend! My Labor Day was jam-packed with football games and family get togethers. And you know what that means? Food. Social gatherings seem to revolve around food. Take Saturday. We went to my in-laws to watch the Iowa game (Go Hawks!). At the end of the first quarter, my MIL, bless her heart, brings out the food. We had sub sandwiches slathered with spread (which I actually don't like), carrots and full fat dip, watermelon, and a plate of Ho-Ho's. Not to mention bag upon bag of chips. I spent most of my time attempting to get the spread off of my sandwich. If there's one thing I don't like on a sandwich, it's any kind of mayo/spread. I like mine dry! So, I ate that, carrots, chips, and the dreaded Ho-Ho's. Why do those stupid little things taste so good? I drank almost two bottles of water, so I am proud of that. Exercise Saturday? No.

Sunday. Family get together and my brother-in-law's house. We had lasagna, cheesy potatoes, homemade mac and cheese, chicken and cheesy noodles, ham, coleslaw, baked beans, you name it. I won't even get started on the dessert table. I took a spoonful of each thing I wanted. Ate that. Went back for dessert but only took a brownie that I made (remember this later...). I was full but not stuffed. Again, downed two bottles of water. Exercise? No.

Monday. Work day. I had classroom stuff and grad school stuff to catch up on. Worked most of the morning and in between, did laundry and picked up around the house a bit. Almost any time I was in the kitchen, I opened up that silver pan containing the cheesecake brownies I had made the day before. I figured if I took a bite that it wouldn't be so bad. By the end of the night last night, I had eaten an entire row and a half! Seriously? I cannot have those types of things in the house. It's an addiction I tell ya. Did manage to get our new grill assembled. It was supposed to take 30 minutes. Instead it took an hour and a half. But it works, so we have our grill back. Nothing beats chicken breasts, steaks, burgers on the grill.

So, here we are. Tuesday. I'm going to write down everything I eat today and add up the calories to see where I'm at. If I don't exercise, I have to stick to 1500 calories. If I do, I can eat half of what I burned working out.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment