MyFitnessPal Ticker

Monday, January 24, 2011

Day 24 of 2011

Have you ever had a day where you can't shut your brain off? Today's that day for me. This job hunting process has consumed my thoughts and I'm having a hard time shutting it off. I'm thinking about my paperwork, the deadline, being called or not being called for an interview, the interview, questions possibly being asked, asking them questions, seeing the school, being offered or not being offered the job, etc.... I even had a dream about it last night.

The best part is...I haven't my paperwork yet. I'm still waiting on a hard copy of one of my letters of recommendation which I will get tomorrow. Then, I have to sign everything on the application and send it off Wednesday.

On top of that, I've been working on a case brief for my Special Ed Law class that I have to present during Wednesday night's class. Let me tell you, I can tell you any little factoid on Least Restrictive Environment in schools. Basically, you have to give a student with disabilities options to learn in an environment with non-disabled peers while receiving all of the accommodations they need. I am briefing a case from my state of Iowa where the state ruled against the school district and in favor of the parents.

Throughout all of this, I'm struggling to maintain my sanity. I am truly watching my food intake, but I haven't been able to workout. I'm taking a mini 5 minute break right now while working on my PowerPoint to write this to let you know I'm here.

If anyone ever told you that working full-time and going to grad school was easy was not being honest. But I'm proud of what I've accomplished, even though it has consumed an enormous amount of time.

Tomorrow night, I have a date with Billy Blanks in my basement. I'm going to bring my "A" game, even if just for 30 minutes. But for tonight, back to my case brief...

2 comments:

  1. You can do it!!! Just plan your day and stick to your plan!! Dont forget about how important exercise is!! It will make you feel better, no matter what!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't EVER shut my brain off. I'm my father's daughter, he's EXACTLY the same.

    Hope you enjoyed your date with Billy.

    ReplyDelete