MyFitnessPal Ticker

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 6 of 2011

Calories: 1594 calories
Workout: 30 min. cardio tae bo

I didn't end up working out until 8:15 tonight because I was Miss Betty Crocker and made homemade chicken cordon bleu! It was super yummy. I took an 8 oz. chicken breast, beat the crap out of it to flatten it, put a thin slice of deli shaved ham, a slice of provolone cheese, rolled it up, put a toothpick in it, dipped it in egg wash and coated in plain bread crumbs. Turned out to be about 300 calories and I kept myself to one. Had that with a side of broccoli and yummy in my tummy! Best part is I have leftovers for lunch tomorrow! Friday tends to be a tricky day at school. Lots of teachers like to "order in" on Friday so they don't have to bring their lunch. This can be pizza to deli sandwiches (not the healthy kind), so I feel good about being prepared for tomorrow!

I'm also proud of myself with handling the candy jar in our office. This week, I've only had two bite-size Snickers and about 10 mint M&Ms (holy crap those are good). This is a HUGE step for me because every time I go through the office, the bowl sits and stares at you. Thankfully there have been no birthdays, so treats in the lounge haven't been a temptation.

Now, I know a lot of people say that you need to eat small meals 4-6 times a day. Right now, I'm sticking to my three meals a day because I need to work on control of my eating. When I feel in control there, then I can vary and add in snacks.

My first week weigh in is on Saturday (I know I mentioned Friday earlier this week...but forgot I weighed in on Saturday last week, so I want to keep it consistent). Hoping that time of the month doesn't affect my weigh in this week as we all know how that can wreak havoc on our whole life!!! Regardless of what the number is on Saturday, I'm still proud of myself this week and I'm going to work hard to make this a part of my life consistently. Yes, easy to say now during week one, but I really want to work at this. The thing I'm most proud of is getting back to working out and doing it now six days in a row.

What have you done this week that you're proud of?

1 comment:

  1. you are doing awesome, awesome, awesome!!! That dinner sounds delicious!!! Keep up the great work and good luck with the weigh in!!

    ReplyDelete