MyFitnessPal Ticker

Friday, January 7, 2011

Day 7 of 2011-Happy Half-Birthday to Me :)

Yep, that's right....I'm 28 and a half years old!!! Remember when you were younger and someone asked you how old you were? It was never "I'm 8." It was "I'm 8 1/2 or I'm ALMOST 9!" This is completely irrelevant to ANYTHING, but I thought it was fun to share!

Calories: about 1800....explain more later...
Workout: 50 minutes "This is Tae Bo"-Billy Blanks newer version of his classic Advanced Tae Bo...Holy crap, I'm dead tired.

So, today's Friday. Awesome. I finally get to sleep in tomorrow. Today had some temptations. In elementary school, when it's your birthday, you obviously bring your fellow classmates treats and then go around and share the extras with former teachers. So a student I had last year brought me a cookie. I said thank you, gave her a sticker and put it on my desk. This was fine as when I'm teaching, I'm anywhere but my desk. Then, when I came back from lunch, I sat down to check my email and there was that evil cookie. It sat there on that napkin, looking so delicious. The colorful M&Ms popped through the dough and I could tell it was one of those soft ones.

"It's okay, Nicole. One bite isn't going to kill you," said my conscience.

So, I took a bite. A large bite. Holy goodness. Chewy. Moist. Sweet. Melt in your mouth, not your hand...

"One more...then that's it." Took another bite. I look at the cookie. Half of it is gone. WHAT ARE YOU DOING??!? I didn't know what to do, so I took the napkin, wrapped it around the cookie, and squeezed it all up. In the garbage it went.

Now, I don't want the "it's okay, you only ate half" lecture. I know that. But I didn't need it at all. But what's done is done and it's time to move on. So, not sure how many calories were in that.

Another temptation....Wendy's for dinner. I was exhausted, I forgot to take something out for dinner and I had no idea what to make. But instead of getting fries, I got chili. It tasted great as the wind chill tonight is around zero, so that was an overall success.

Watched a movie until 8:30 and I stared at the clock. Should I workout? Tonight could be my night off.... What to do, what to do. Well, I got off my duff (while husband continued to sleep on the couch) and did another one my of new workouts, This IS Tae Bo with Billy Blanks. Fifty minutes of torture. You would think the older he gets, the slower he'd get. Ummm...no. He NEVER stopped moving. And in between sets, we didn't march in place. Oh no, we were bouncing back and forth, swinging our arms like robots. I'm going to be sore tomorrow.

Now, finally, scale time tomorrow morning. I'm not optimistic. I've been working out, tracking calories, with really only one slip up. Generally, you'd think I'd lose 3-5 pounds. I just have a bad feeling and I don't know why. My body hasn't been cooperating with me for a while, so why would it now? But I can't give up. Something will click at some point, right?

Dear Scale Fairy,
Please be good to me tomorrow. I've been a pretty good girl this week.
Thanks,
N

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure the scale fairy will be kind to you :)

    Billy Blanks is a machine.

    ReplyDelete