MyFitnessPal Ticker

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Day 5 of 2011

Calories-Not sure....going to spill my guts....went out to dinner for Mexican tonight and ate too many chips and salsa....and maybe some cheese sauce. I did only eat half of my dinner and took the other half home.
Exercise-35 minutes of advanced tae bo

Thoughts: I regret making the choices I did tonight and after struggling through a workout, I feel so, so guilty. But one thing I did realize...I still worked out. That's not normal for me. Normally, I'd gorge and eat my ENTIRE meal and then lay on my ass on the couch. But I didn't. I let my dinner settle for an hour and put in 35 minutes of a workout. Will it compensate for what I ate? No. But it won't damage me as much as it would have otherwise.

An update on my trip to the doc (gastroenterologist)...while he doesn't want to diagnose me quite yet, he's leading towards irritable bowel syndrome. I got a blood test done to rule out Celiac disease and I have to do breath tests (think breathalyzer times 4) to rule out lactose intolerance, fructose intolerance and bacteria inside my bowels....so sorry, I know almost TMI...

I go back in mid-March to found out the results of these things and figure out where to go from here. Also got the results back from my thyroid blood test. My regular doc said I'm still borderline low, so she upped my dosage again. She's wondering if this could be one reason I'm struggling some with weight loss. I guess time will tell.

So, I made a mistake today, but I didn't give up. And I'm not going to give up. You just wait and see. Five straight days of working out...that hasn't happened in a while.

3 comments:

  1. Great damage control, girl. And the tests don't sound fun, and it sucks that you have to wait so long for results. Hoping it all gets worked out!

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog through Ann's :)

    I have no thyroid :) Has yours been removed, or are you just underactive? I'm constantly having probs with my medication levels, up it this blood test, reduce it next blood test - never constant :(

    Looking forward to reading more of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have an underactive thyroid. I started at 50 micrograms of meds (which is a low dose) and have recently been upped to 75 and now 100 micrograms. Anxious to see if it has any effect with my health.

    Welcome and thanks for joining!!

    ReplyDelete